Welcome home! WaHu Student Living is an amazing place to live, just two blocks from the University of Minnesota and right across from the light rail which can take you directly to East and West Bank. Moving is stressful and we are here to help! WaHu is a community that cannot be beat, offering incredible service, top-of-the-line amenities, and resident events that will make you feel right at home. We hope you find the information below helpful and we can’t wait to help you in the leasing process.
- Lease: Legal contract you sign before you move into your apartment.
- Tenant: The person who lives in the room or the apartment.
- Landlord: The person who takes owns care of the room or apartment.
- Relet: When you find someone to move into your apartment to take your place.
- Roommate: You have the option of sharing your room with a roommate for an additional cost. If you want to share your room, but don’t know anyone, we offer roommate matching based on preferences. ·
- Application Process: This is the first step to live at WaHu. You need to fill out basic background information in order for our staff to create a lease.
When you rent, you sign a legal contract. This means you promise to live here until your lease has ended and if you are unable to do so, you will find someone to take it over.
THE LEASE STATES...
- How many months you will live in your apartment and the amount of rent for each month.
- What you can and cannot do in the apartment.
- Who can and cannot stay in the apartment with you.
- What problems we can fix and what you need to fix on your own.
Click here to start your application!
BENEFITS OF LIVING AT WAHU
We are fully furnished so you don’t have to do deal with the stress of moving furniture. Just bring your basic necessities! Each unit has a full kitchen with stainless steel appliances, a sofa, coffee table, entertainment center, flatscreen TV, with cable and internet included. Also, laundry is easy with built in washers and dryers in your apartment.
WaHu is a quick 3-minute walk to The University of Minnesota. Located directly across the street from the Stadium Village Light Rail Station, this train will take you directly to East Bank and West Bank as well as access all of Minneapolis and St. Paul, Minnesota. Bike racks are also available in the heated, underground parking garage. More public information can be found at the Metro Transit website; https://www.metrotransit.org.
WaHu holds fantastic resident events that really make the community feel like home. From a Lunar New Year Party to outdoor movies in our beautiful courtyards to a catered Italian dinner, WaHu never has a shortage of things to do and free food to eat. Sometimes, concert and sports tickets are given away!